Welcome! (845) 638-5244
We are veterans helping veterans, service-members, and their families, in any way we can.
The Veterans Service Agency of Rockland was established in 1945 and continues to provide information and assistance to Rockland County, New York veterans.
As veterans we have earned benefits because of our military service. We have information for you on the GI Bill, educational benefits, medical benefits, post traumatic stress, and submitting VA claim forms. We will provide you with the most current information on all veteran-related topics. There is never a fee for our services.
We welcome your inquiries. If you have a question, ask us....rules and regulations change constantly so don't assume that something you heard even a few years ago, is still valid now.
- Our VA veterans' medical clinic in New City, New York provides ongoing medical services for more than 6,500 local veterans. This was the first-of-its-kind established and now there are more than 1,000 such VA medical clinics throughout the U.S. - making it much more convenient for the veteran to access VA medical benefits. To view their website, use this link: Rockland County, NY Veterans Clinic
- RockVets publishes a monthly e-newsletter with current events and information of interest to the veteran and military community.
To view recent editions of the newsletter, click on the RockVets newsletter link provided or view this link: Newsletters
- New Combat Veteran ID Cards are now available. If you are a combat veteran, you can get this card at the County Clerk's Office which is located at 1 South Main Street, Suite 100, New City, New York 10956. To apply for the Combat Veteran ID Card, or the F.A.V.O.R. card for all veterans, if you don't already have one, bring your DD214 to the County Clerk's Office. They'll take your photo and make up a card for you. You can contact the County Clerk's Office at (845) 638-5076 or call the Veterans Service Agency of Rockland County at 845-638-5244. This new Combat Veteran ID Card offers all of the same benefits as the F.A.V.O.R. (Find and Assist Veterans of Record) card, which includes almost 1000 discounts to Rockland's veterans, but this new CVID card has specific advantages. The CVID card is co-sponsored by the Rockland County Police Benevolent Association and will be recognized by our local law enforcement agencies. So if you ever get pulled over, along with your license, registration, and insurance card, show the police officer your Combat Vet ID card so he knows you're an in-country vet.
- If you would like to be added to our contact list, please see the sign-up area on the right of each webpage or click here:
- RockVets Radio Show: Jerry Donnellan hosts a live call-in radio show on WRCR - located on the AM dial at 1700. The call-in
phone number is (845) 362.0013. You can also access the radio show on the internet at www.wrcr.com.
During the show, you can call in and ask questions about veterans' benefits or other matters relating to the veteran/military community.
This is a good venue for organizations to let the public know about upcoming events of interest to the community.
- The F.A.V.O.R. program (Return the Favor Discount Program) highlights hundreds of local businesses offering discounts exclusively for veterans. A veterans' ID card for the discounts is easily obtained at the Rockland County Clerk's office in New City, New York. See link to County Clerk's Office:
Rockland County Clerk's Office
- Rockland County Medal Award: If you received an Operation Enduring Freedom medal, Operation Iraqi Freedom Medal, or the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary medal, we'd like to offer you the Rockland County Medal. If you wish to apply for the medal, send us a copy of your DD-214, showing proof of one of these medals as well as proof of Rockland County residency. For further information, contact us at 845-638-5244 or send e-mail to email@example.com. Click here to view medal poster: Rockland County Medal Poster
Local Veterans' Organizations:
- Rockland County Marine Corps League, 20 Station Road, Pomona, NY 10970
- Vietnam Veterans of America, P.O. Box 243, New City, New York 10956
- Nam Knights, 1 Western Highway, Tappan, New York 10983
- Korean War Veterans, P.O. Box 304, New City, New York 10956
- R.C. Military Order of the Purple Heart, 20 Station Road, Pomona, New York 10970
- Jewish War Veterans, P.O. Box 38, New City, New York 10956
- Veterans of Foreign Wars, P.O. Box 921, New City, New York 10956
- Air Force Association, Chapter 251, 207 Treetop Circle, Nanuet, New York 10954
- Rockland County American Legion, 86 South Reld Drive, Pearl River, New York 10965
Our mission is simple: advocate for veterans and our military men and women.
We are here to help you, so send us a note or give us a call. And please help us spread the word about RockVets and this website so others
can benefit from it.
Thank you for your service.
Jerry Donnellan, Director
Veterans Service Agency of Rockland County
20 Squadron Blvd., Suite 480
New City, New York 10956
office phone: 845-638-5244