Welcome! (845) 638-5244
We are veterans helping veterans, service-members, and their families, in any way we can.
RockVets is a project of New York Vets, a non-profit agency created in 1992 to care for those who have worn this nation's uniform - no matter where or when they served in the United States military.
The Veterans Service Agency of Rockland was established in 1945 and continues to provide information and assistance to Rockland County, New York veterans.
As veterans we have earned benefits because of our military service. We have information for you on the GI Bill, educational benefits, medical benefits, post traumatic stress, and submitting VA claim forms. We will provide you with the most current information on all veteran-related topics. There is never a fee for our services.
We welcome your inquiries. If you have a question, ask us....rules and regulations change constantly so don't assume that something you heard even a few years ago, is still valid now.
- Our VA veterans' medical clinic in New City, New York provides ongoing medical services for more than 6,500 local veterans. This was the first-of-its-kind established and now there are more than 1,000 such VA medical clinics throughout the U.S. - making it much more convenient for the veteran to access VA medical benefits. To view their website, use this link: Rockland County, NY Veterans Clinic
- RockVets publishes a monthly e-newsletter with current events and information of interest to the veteran and military community.
To view recent editions of the newsletter, click on the RockVets newsletter link provided or view this link: Newsletters
- If you would like to be added to our contact list, please see the sign-up area on the right of each webpage or click here:
- RockVets Radio Show: on the first Friday of each month, just
after the 10:00 a.m. newsbreak, Jerry Donnellan hosts a live call-in radio show on WRCR - located on the AM dial at 1700. The call-in
phone number is (845) 362.0013. You can also access the radio show on the internet at www.wrcr.com.
During the show, you can call in and ask questions about veterans' benefits or other matters relating to the veteran/military community.
This is a good venue for organizations to let the public know about upcoming events of interest to the community.
- The F.A.V.O.R. program (Return the Favor Discount Program) highlights hundreds of local businesses offering discounts exclusively for veterans. A veterans' ID card for the discounts is easily obtained at the Rockland County Clerk's office in New City, New York. See link to County Clerk's Office:
Rockland County Clerk's Office
- Rockland County Medal Award: If you received an Operation Enduring Freedom medal, Operation Iraqi Freedom Medal, or the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary medal, we'd like to offer you the Rockland County Medal. If you wish to apply for the medal, send us a copy of your DD-214, showing proof of one of these medals as well as proof of Rockland County residency. For further information, contact us at 845-638-5244 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to view medal poster: Rockland County Medal Poster
Our mission is simple: advocate for veterans and our military men and women.
We are here to help you, so send us a note or give us a call. And please help us spread the word about RockVets and this website so others
can benefit from it.
Thank you for your service.
Jerry Donnellan, Director
Veterans Service Agency of Rockland County
20 Squadron Blvd., Suite 480
New City, New York 10956
office phone: 845-638-5244